The Liver - The Grandfather of all organs
The Liver takes on most of the strain form your lifestyle and nutritional choices on a daily basis. Most of the time the liver doesn't grumble and gets on with filtering the food and liquid you drink into energy so you can be the best possible you. So with the season to be jolly around the corner it would make sense to get a few things in place to help support that old faithful friend of yours, the liver.
How to tell when my Liver is unhappy.
- Dark Urine throughout the day
- Painful upper back
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Cravings and addictions that intensify
- Feeling of being overwhelmed and frustrated
- Chronic Fatigue
Chronic fatigue is perhaps the most over looked symptom of liver toxicity as more favourable answers are found to your tiredness, brain fog and relentless sugar cravings. Often some self medication follows, exercise, reduce fatty foods, reduce alcohol, increase sleep, more water. However these changes don't always provide results and when this is the case a more in-depth investigation needs to happen.
The liver’s performance can directly impact emotional constitution. A toxic liver can be the reason for various forms of depression, which is really a form of anger turned inward. General moodiness, feelings of despair, and occasional outbursts of anger can all be caused by a burdened liver.
However, many people do not realise that the liver’s function or operational deficiencies, play significant role in your emotional and mental health. We all get slightly moody form time to time and thats forgivable behaviour but chronic and wide mood swings accompanied with physical energy are another.
So if you find the symptoms below sound like you, it may be time to look at your detoxification pathways / nutritional skills and or alcohol consumption.
- Cant lose weight
- Cant kick the alcohol
- Have a heavy meat diet
- Have a heavy processed diet
- Have strong and ferocious mood swings
The Liver is also best friends with the digestive system and so your problem may be manifesting here, its always comes back to the gut!
What do I get if I do some detoxing?
- Weight loss: The liver produces bile which is essential in the breakdown of fats. When you stat detoxing the liver further assists the metabolism of fats in the body aiding your weight los and ability to tone that beautiful body of yours!
- Increase your energy: Once the liver eliminates the harmful substances out if the body, the liver starts to run more efficiently providing you with more energy.
- Look younger: Surely you don't need any other organ after this one. When you remove the toxicity that your liver has been storing your skin will automatically look brighter and younger! Cancel the botox!
- A clean liver: It stands to reason that the organ that has been designed to remove toxins form your body should need detoxing. It is normal to have toxins in your liver but when they build up to inordinate amounts that they start to inhibit detoxification pathways.